Android is an open source operating system for smartphones developed by Google. This operating system has become the major game changer by hogging the market from iPhone and companies that are using other operating systems like Windows, Symbian and BlackberryOS. But we have seen many smartphones displaying the voice service is blocked notification.
Android has many advantages over other OS like better and simple user interface and free availability of source code. Developers around the world have changed the source code of the original OS and made their own version of Android. With such a large community, it is no wonder that the voice service is blocked android notification error has been properly studied. Not only this, when users try to click on the error message, it disappears immediately. You won’t even be able to know what went wrong with your device that it starts showing this issue.
- 1 How to Solve Voice Service is Blocked Problem?
- 1.1 Solutions for Voice Service is Blocked Error
- 1.2 Reasons behind Restricted Access Changed Issue
- 1.3 Conclusion
How to Solve Voice Service is Blocked Problem?
You can fix the error using a custom ROM, from specific options from the settings panel, and installing a third-party application. We have mentioned everything in detail below.
Though the error occurs on all android devices, it is more on Moto G, Moto X, LG and Nexus smartphones. It is not a hardware or software related error, but an emergency alert system.
Solutions for Voice Service is Blocked Error
This issue is more common when the user wants wants to use the mobile data than on Wi-Fi networks. This is a totally harmless notification, but still, you may find it annoying and frustrating to see it frequently. You can read below how to fix restricted access changed notification error using different methods.
Method 1: Disable notifications through settings
The first method to solve the issue is by changing the notifications settings of your android device. This method is only for users whose smartphones have Android 5.0 or above installed. For devices with an earlier version of Android, this method is not applicable.
Follow the below steps to disable notifications through inbuilt settings of your device-
- You can disable the system notification of your device by going to the Settings.
- In settings, find the Sound and Notification option from the list.
- Now tap on App notification on the next screen.
- On the next screen, scroll down and tap on Phone.
- Swipe the bar at the right of Show Notification to disable.
This error message doesn’t do any harm to your smartphone but instead is just a notification whenever a network change occurs with your network. It disappears right when you try to click on it in the notification bar. Though the restricted access changed LG G3 has no effect on the functioning of the phone, users find it annoying
If your device doesn’t have this function, then you can take help from various notification disabling apps available on Google Play Store.
Installing third-party notification block app.
Android 5.0 and above have the facility to block notifications but those with older version can’t benefit from that method. If you are android users, it is very likely that you would have encountered the restricted access changed voice service is blocked error on your device. The error notification appears and then suddenly disappears from the notification bar. It doesn’t do anything except annoying and frustrating you.
To those poor souls who have an older Android smartphone, they can disable notifications by installing various third-party notification blocking app like Notify block. But there is still a limitation to the use of this feature and that is the device needs root access for it to work.
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for the notification blocker like Notify block.
- Download the Notify block app and let it install.
- After installation is complete, open the application. It will ask you for permission to access notifications. Tap on OK and grant it root permissions.
- Uncheck the Hide System Apps checkbox to show system apps.
- Select Phone with com.android.phone in its description from the list by scrolling down.
- Now restart your device and see if the issue still persists or not.
Rebooting the android device is necessary so that the changes the Notify Block app has made can take effect. Only after the reboot can this method be successful in solving the issue.
Installing the Xposed Framework and Notify Clean app
Like the previous method, this method also uses third party applications but in this case, you would need to install Xposed Framework too. Without the Xposed Framework, your Notify Clean app will be showing errors. You need root access to install this. You can download and install Xposed Framework on your device.
After you have successfully installed Xposed Framework, follow the below steps to install Notify clean app from Google Play store-
- Open Google Play Store and search for Notify Clean app.
- Download and install the application.
- When the installation has completed, open the app.
- Scroll down through the list and tap on Phone. Select the one with com.android.phone in its description.
- Now tap on “restricted Access changed”.
- Reboot the device and let the changes take effect.
When your device has rebooted, check if the error is still there. This method is the best method for a device that uses older Android versions below 5.0. But the only disadvantage it has it only works on devices with root access and has the Xposed Framework installed.
Reasons behind Restricted Access Changed Issue
This error is not any problem unless you are unable to call or message someone or can’t use the internet. Even then a simple reboot may fix the problem. So you don’t have to pay much attention to this notification. But if voice service is blocked LG G3 notification occurs frequently in a day, you may want to get relief from it. Below are some reasons which can trigger this issue-
- Network Change – You may encounter the error if your device tries to change networks. This notification always appears when you change your network settings from 2G to 3G to 4G or vice versa. At this time the notification is just for a short interval and it won’t appear entirely if you don’t change your network settings.
- Weak Signals – The other reason which can cause the voice service is blocked in Moto G3 is the in the availability of strong signals. There may be various reasons for weak signals depending on the geographic location and network carrier, but it can cause this error. If the signal isn’t stable your network will keep on changing and this will display this error.
- Incorrect SIM insertion – The restricted access changed in Moto G4 plus notification can also appear if you have not inserted the SIM into your device correctly. This can cause your device to not being able to access the network and you won’t be able to call, message or use the data connection. This error is common for those who have just cut their normal SIM to micro or nano SIM.
- Changing SIM cards frequently – This error also appears when the user changes their SIM cards multiple times a day. This can cause a disparity when connecting to a particular network without rebooting the device.
- Using Damaged SIM – Aside from inserting the SIM incorrectly, the restricted access changed Moto E can also appear if you use damaged SIM. That SIM won’t be able to connect to the network and your device will show this error.
If you are also one of the troubled android users that have been going from one place to another in search of a solution to the restricted access changed Moto G notification, I hope you found the article useful.
The error is very common in Android and it is the normal response to your Android device when there is a change in the network. But still, it can be very irritating and frustrating if it pops up again and again. To help you get rid of this issue, in this article we have given some solutions that you can use for your problem.
Android is the best operating system for use in smartphones than others like Windows, iOS, Symbian etc because it is flexible and allows users to change its functionality according to their liking. But sometimes the user can encounter various problems like restricted access changed voice service is blocked notifications.
Voice Service Blocked Fix
Do you get restricted access changed voice service is blocked notification often? Here’re a few solutions to solving this error on Android.