Clash of clans is the most popular combat strategy games for mobile devices. You basically have to raise an army, protect your village, attack other players for loot and establish clans and take part in clan wars. This game became most popular game on Android since the launch. But many players have reported the problems like unfortunately clash of clans has stopped.
Clash of Clans was initially launched for iOS but later it came on Android too. Every Android fan has at least tried the game once and some have been using it since ages. But with every major update, players have encountered clash of clans stopped error Android with can be very frustrating.
- 1 How to Solve Unfortunately Clash of Clans has Stopped Working Problem?
How to Solve Unfortunately Clash of Clans has Stopped Working Problem?
There may be many apps to come and go in android but Clash of Clans has been the favorite combat strategy game that users can play for free online. It also has the feature to buy premium products which help players to progress fast.
Millions of players play Clash of Clans all across the world and unfortunately clash of clans stopped working is a very common error. There are many reasons behind this error like a software error, update error, system glitches or hardware error.
These errors are quite normal in android devices and not only Clash of Clans, but some other apps may also encounter this error. If you want to know how to cure the CoC not responding issue, you can read further.
Also Read:- Fix Music Stopping Issue on Android
Solutions for Unfortunately Clash of Clans has Stopped Issue
This error is not due to the poor development of the app, but this error can occur in any type of android games or apps. If you want to know how to fix unfortunately clash of clans has stopped issue on your device, then below we have given you some solutions that you can try.
Solution 1: Update CoC
CoC uses the internet to open and always check the Google account to load your village. It also checks any new updates available from the Google Play Store. The unfortunately clash of clans has been stopped working error can occur if there is a new update of the app and you haven’t updated it. Follow the steps to update the app.
- Go to Google play store and tap on my apps from the side panel.
- Find CoC from the list of apps you have installed on the device and tap on Update button.
- This will start the updating process and try launching the game after updating.
If the problem still persists, you may like to reboot the device for letting the operating system adjust to the new game data. Follow the below steps to reboot your device-
- Long press the power button and let it display a popup menu.
- Tap on Reboot and wait for it to reboot.
- Now try launching the app.
If it still displays unfortunately clash of clans has stopped x86, then go to the next method to solve this error.
- Solution 2: Clear Data and Cache files
Old app data or cache data can keep your app running smoothly. Follow the steps if you want to clear the old data and cache files –
- Go to settings by tapping on the Settings icon in the app drawer.
- Now click on the Applications from the list of options.
- Find CoC from the app and tap on it.
- You will find Clear Data and Clear Cache buttons.
- Click on them to clear old data and cache files.
Try launching the game to see if it worked or the problem still persists. Go to the next solution if the above method failed.
Solution 3: Reinstalling CoC
If even after clearing the cache and old data files, you still encounter the unfortunately clash of clans has stopped 2018, you can uninstall the app and try reinstalling it by following given steps-
- Go to settings and click on Application Manager.
- Tap on the Clash of Clans from the list of apps installed under the “All” tab.
- Now click on Uninstall button to uninstall the app.
- Now go to Google Play Store and search for CoC.
- Click on Install button to install it.
- Now launch the app and see if the problem is solved or not.
Also Read:- Fix Unfortunately, Weather has Stopped Working
Solution 4: Perform a Factory data reset
When you have tried everything and you still get clash of clans stopped blackberry message, then the last option you have to solve the problem is by doing a factory data reset of your blackberry device. Before performing a factory data reset, better to backup your data like photos, videos, contacts, messages etc as factory data reset will format all data on your device including settings. It will be completely emptied with the factory data reset. Follow the steps to perform a factory data reset-
- Go to Settings.
- Now scroll upwards and tap on the Backup & Reset option from the list.
- Next, tap on the factory data reset.
- Tap on Reset device and later Erase Everything.
This method is only recommended if all other methods fail to solve your problem. Factory data reset will delete everything from apps, data, and settings on your device and you will have to set up your device from the start.
Why does CoC Unfortunately Stop?
There are many reasons associated with the unfortunately CoC has stopped error in android. Software, hardware, operating system, corrupt files; all these problems can prevent the normal functioning of an app.
Android has become the most popular operating system for use in smartphones. Many companies like Samsung, LG, Sony, etc. have been making Android-based smartphones. But you can encounter unfortunately the clash of clans has stopped working error regardless of the device that you are using. Below we have discussed the possible reasons behind this error in detail-
- Operating system error- You can encounter the issue when your device operating system is unable to read the game data or files. If the error pops up continuously every time you try to start the game, restart the device and try again.
- App updates- Most of the players who reported the error said they encountered the clash of clans has stopped after the update. There is a chancefor overwritten or deleted files after updating it.
- Corrupt files- If you have recently installed a new app from the third-party store, then, it is possible that during installation of that app, some files of CoC goes corrupted. Corrupted files are difficult for the operating system to run and the app may either crash after some time or not run wholly.
- Old data or cache- Cache files are temporary files used by any app. It is very important to clear the cache files if you have updated the CoC. Cache files can interfere with the app and not let it run smoothly.
- Installing Xmodgames- Xmodgames is an assistant tool that players used to cheat in Clash of Clans. But the updates for this tool aren’t as fast as CoC and by the time you get a Xmod update, CoC may have a new update. Version incompatibility can also make you encounter unfortunately clash of clans has stopped Xmod
- Insufficient memory- If you have a number of app or games installed on your device and forcefully install more apps, each app may not get enough memory to work properly. Your device should have at least 15 percent memory free to work smoothly.
Also Read:- How to Fix Bluetooth Share has Stopped Problem?
Various errors and issues can make you unable to enjoy your favorite game like unfortunately clash of clans has stopped working. It is very disheartening and frustrating when your android device keeps displaying this error and you can’t play Clash of Clans. You may want to find solutions online but there isn’t any fail-proof solution which can solve this issue. We have given you various methods to solve the unfortunately error and enjoy Clash of Clans.
CoC Stopping Fix
Clash of Clans is so far the best strategic game available on Google Play. It is frustrating to see unfortunately, Clash of Clans has stopped notice, though. You can solve the issue right away using these fixes.