You may have sometime faced the error message showing Unfortunately, the process.com.android.phone has been stopped once you have installed a new ROM or update the firmware on your device. This error message is usually triggered by the phone or SIM toolkit application which prevents you from accessing your device.
This error message is a signal that you are not able to work properly on the application and you need to remove the bug as soon as possible so that to not to reproduce this error message again. We are here going to provide you a few suggestions which may perhaps help you a lot in resolving this problem.
- 1 How to Solve Unfortunately, Phone has Stopped Working Issue?
- 1.1 Solutions for unfortunately process com.android.phone has stopped Issue
- 1.2 Why does Phone Stopping Issue Occur on Android?
- 1.3 Conclusion
How to Solve Unfortunately, Phone has Stopped Working Issue?
Clearing the app cache is a simple way to solve this issue. But how you can do it? Or is there anything more you can do about it? Well, we have got the whole information here.
It is a very common error message which may suddenly interrupt the functioning of your smartphone and hence prevents you from accessing the same. If you are looking for the solution for this error; you are at right place here. But before going further with the different methods of solving the error; you first need to know that what the main reasons behind this error are?
Also Read:- How to Fix Alexa not responding on Amazon Echo?
Solutions for unfortunately process com.android.phone has stopped Issue
How do you fix phone has stopped is one of the most asked queries among the smartphone users. If you are the one among them; it is the right place you are at here. We are providing you the best solution to get rid of this error in a very simple manner. Please have a look.
Stop your entire Automatic updates
This is one of the first and foremost things that you need to do whenever you met the error, unfortunately, phone has stopped working on Android. It is one of the simplest solutions which enable you to fix the error at just with just one click. All you need to do is to stop the automatic update option; that’s it.
- Open your Google Play and then click on the three horizontal lines available at the top left corner of your home screen.
- Now move with the Settings option and then tap on the option of Auto-update apps.
- In order to disable the automatic updates of the apps please click on the option of Do not auto-update apps.
- While disabling the updates try to make sure that to stop the updates in both phone settings as well as Google Play store which will ultimately speed the internet and prevent a large bandwidth and data usage from being consumed.
- That’s all done with the process; once you have disabled the automatic updates of all the apps on your device; it will surely help you a lot in getting rid of the error; unfortunately, app has stopped in android phone.
Customization of ROM
It is another best thing that you can easily go along with in order to resolve the error, unfortunately, com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Just change your operating system that you are currently working on and that’s all. For this, you can go for choosing any Custom ROM to stop the error.
It is one of the most effective ways of removing the error. All you need to do is to ditch your stock ROM and load your device with a new customized ROM that’s all. Along with removing all the errors, it will also enable you to enjoy the benefits of improved battery, better performance, and updates to the latest Android versions as well.
- Just back up all of your data before going further with the process and get ready for the further process.
- Find and download a suitable ROM for your device that perfectly matches the model of your device.
- Once you have done with it; just go with the option of the boot into recovery by using your recovery combo buttons.
- Once you have successfully done with it; the next you need to go with is to Flash ROM.
- On the successful completion of the flashing process of ROM; back out and then clear your cache.
That’s all done with the process; now enjoy the seamless working of your device without having any trouble or error i.e., unfortunately, the process android process phone has stopped.
If your Samsung galaxy s5 or any other phone is continuously facing the issue of not accessing the music app on your device easily. It is one of the best solutions which enable you to solve the error with a very great ease.
We prefer you to back up your Android data before performing factory resent of your android smartphone.
- Go the Settings option on your device and then scroll down in order to find the option of Backup and Reset.
- Once done successfully click on the option of Factory Data Resent followed by Reset Phone and then click on the option of Erase everything.
- Once you have successfully done with it; now reboot your phone in order to avail the services seamlessly.
Clear cache and app data
It is one of the most popular and easier ways of getting rid of the problem, unfortunately, the phone has stopped. App data means the pieces of saved information like your login and preference settings in the app itself. Therefore the best way to clear up some space in order to set up an app back to default is to clear the cache and all app data.
- Go to the Settings option of your device and then tap on the option of Cog icon available in your notification shade.
- Once done successfully; find and locate the applications in your menu whose data you wanted to clear from your device.
- Now, clear on the option of Storage followed by clearing the cache and app data.
- Once done; successfully you are now able to free up some space on your device which will surely help you a lot in running the various apps on your device seamlessly. While clearing the cache just try to go with those which are including a large space in your device which will surely boost up your speed and also enables you to perform in a better way.
Why does Phone Stopping Issue Occur on Android?
Unfortunately, the com.android.phone has stopped working issue generally arises due to several reasons; here we are adding you a few:
- After the updation of your phones software
- Once you have installed a new ROM
- Due to the reason for data crash
- Infection of your smartphone with some malware
Why does my phone say unfortunately app has stopped? It is one of the most common questions that most of the Android users usually face. This content is a full proof answer to all of your queries which will hopefully enable you to get the best sideway to resolve the problem.
We have provided you the detailed information about the reason behind the error unfortunately android phone has been stopped working and different methods of solving it. Hope they will surely work for you in getting rid of the problem permanently. All you need to have patience and better skills that’s it
com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedlyfix
You may have sometime faced the error message showing Unfortunately, the process.com.android.phone has been stopped once you have installed a new ROM or update the firmware on your device. We present the easy fix to this issue.